E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Cabrio Coding - Decoupling the tilt sensor from the roof operation

05-29-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
nikuk
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93, tesla 3, RAM Laramie

Question Cabrio Coding - Decoupling the tilt sensor from the roof operation

Does anyone have any input on how I can "code out" this data point?

Best to be honest I suppose: I'm preparing to remove the DME from my e93 as part of a drivetrain swap, a byproduct of doing so is that it will effectively break the PT-Can and piss off the DSC - which I could live with if I have to, however this also means that I will lose the ability to operate the roof apparently.
After doing some digging it seems that this is largely due to the loss of the tilt sensor info by way of the DSC, as it appears that the loss of DME as a master node effectively takes this information off the bus altogether.
Thats the theory anyways.

All other aspects are addressed as far as normal operation in a daily driver role, including interior features, gauges, etc... but I'm not sure how to approach the roof operation. I have yet to figure out how to bypass this check point.
Appreciate 0