View Single Post
      01-02-2022, 08:23 AM   #22
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman’s Brother View Post
Newb here and I experienced this once or twice my first weekend on track. Was hoping coilovers would help. Guess not

I’m considering the Turner monoball for the front thrust arms to help with this as well. Can anyone speak to any meaningful benefit from those specific to this issue?
The monoballs should help the braking somewhat as the car changes from toe in to toe out to toe in etc due to the flex in the suspension rubber. The rear tension arms would also help.

At the end of the day the SWB is the enemy at high speed. I rly want to try my mates M4 to see the difference (we have similar mods) that the LWB makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I will have our half cage and Cobra Nogaros installed before my next big track outing in the M2C. Trying to find that sweet spot between daily driver and track car. I think it can be done with the proper seat but not sold on the Nogaros being it for me. If not happy with them then going to try the Recaro Sportster CS. Not full on race seat level for the track but I think will still perform well for the intended use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Same!
I too want the Nogaros and even went as far as to get leather samples...but ive been putting my mod money elsewhere and into seat time

I had the sportster CS seats in my FoRS, they were very comfy but not for bigger people. The hold was better than the M seats on the thighs but about the same on the shoulders/ribcage. Bare in mind im a smaller guy. Also 4 point only and I wouldn't even do that since they are not 1 piece buckets.

The Nogaros can pull a neat trick im just too short for... You can ask for a 2nd custom seat base that is much thinner than the "stock" one. With this you can sink about an 1 -1 1/2 inch into the seat for trackdays giving you more lateral leg support. In my case doing this drops my shoulders below the harness holes which is a no go.