View Single Post
      11-26-2021, 08:56 AM   #32
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Is this a "CS tune" from bm3 or an actual factory tune you can load? Others elsewhere on the board claim that the bm3 "CS tune" is a pure copy of the real CS tune, but I don't have confirmation of that anywhere I can find.
So I think there may be two trains of thought here.

For an M2CS car, the base flash must absolutely be a factory M2CS flash with the CS firmware, reporting as M2CS. In my opinion if an M2CS gets a tune, it should definitely be on the original CS firmware, or else it will report as an M2C firmware to dealer/diagnostic systems. (FWIW any M2C can take M2CS firmware in, even locked 2021s, BUT you cannot use this factory flash on an M2C because of factory protections. The car would simply remain in limp mode if you tried, ask me how I know this ...)

Regarding M2C with a CS map, this is not a pure copy. (I suppose we'd have to discuss what a pure copy means). A pure copy would go into limp mode as above. This is an M2C tune with the power settings copied from the CS data. It is mostly a copy/paste of a couple of power request maps. This is pretty easy, but requires OBD unlock because it's not a signed/approved flash. It's just a modified tune. I write my own S55 tunes and have done a few of these for people.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.

Last edited by Enabled; 11-26-2021 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 3