No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF87LCI View Post
Managed to get the install completed this week. Thanks to everyone that contributed
Have now swapped the M4 logo for the correct m2 M2 ones 👍
How did you get the badges to light up? I have yet to find any info on this just questions congrats!
So you need to add an extra pin into the yellow connector that plugs into the bottom of the seat.

This is pin 7, you'll see a terminal in that location for the seat side but obviously not on the vehicle wiring harness.

The part for the terminal is 61130005197, crimp one of these on to a good length of wire. The wire can then be routed to follow the oem wiring harness. I did this while the seats were still out. Removed the plastic trims at the edge of the carpet, ran the wire up the edge of the car to the footwell.

Removed the lower trim panel under the dash and utilised the feed for the footwell lamp. So the footwell light has 4 wires, one earth brown or brown with a trace. Two others that are mainly white with either red or blue trace (these feed ambient light either white or the orange) and then the final wire is red or red with a trace (sorry can't remember exactly) forgot pics also. This one you can tap into for your seat illumination.

Tidy up wiring, secure in place with zip ties if needed and re fit panels. Then repeat for the other side.

So now the seat light works at the same time as the footwell light. So when a door is opened or the main full interior lights are on.

This is not quite the factory method as this would be wired into the FEM control unit.
But my method I found fairly straight forward as I could keep them separate on each side as the other way would need both wires running to one control unit.

I would recommend doing this with the battery disconnected and the seat out. Any more info give me a shout.
Appreciate 3
Kattanah137.50
Poffman493.00