View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #71
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I often reckon sometimes I had more fun in the MX5/Miata. Speed limit is so easy to break in the M2..

BUT, the M2 is so much more versatile, yes there are comprmises but I don't think there is a car for sale right now that does so many things so well. And price of admission isnt too bad.
Exactly, I have owned dedicated track cars, HPDE cars , raced cheap endurance cars, driven autocross, drifted and been on a dozen road courses and super speedways....so there is a shoe for every foot. As for my OG M2, it is a fantastic all around car that drives great on the street and raises hell on track...it also drifts like a Hoonigan. For under 60k it chases ( and catches)Porsches and supercars. I think we have all become a little jaded since cars seem to have gotten so much better and faster in the last 10 years. A current M2 could have won a Ferrari 360/430 challenge race five years ago ( please don’t fly spec the details here). The fact that a grocery getter can do 150 mph and 1:38 at Road Atlanta with an average driver is certainly proof of concept. We are lucky to have this and so many other great options, plus the ability to choose.
Appreciate 4
PLF693767.50
Moflow2484.50
koastal375.50