View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #128
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Thank you. I had given up on the battle, having posted similar links and made the same points several times on this board. But the "automatic voiding of warranty" myth will not die, no matter how many times it is stabbed in the heart.

My dealer, through my service rep, knows I have a 200 cell DP (happens to be a Fabspeed.) He has not said a bloody thing about it, other than he likes the sound it gives the exhaust

Put it this way--I'd be more worried about other possible mods that increase boost, etc., than I would about a catted DP. But even then, the burden is on the dealer trying to avoid the warranty to establish the causal link.
Funny, my dealer and my service rep, who happen to be the same as your dealer and your service rep said the exact same thing about my Fabspeed DP.

For the rest of you guys (Not directed at you, Bruce):

Voiding my warranty is right up there with rickets on my list of things I worry about every day. As for violating any Federal emissions laws, I suspect the Federal government has better things to do than dedicate resources to hunting me and my Fabspeed sport cat down.

If someone finds themselves overly concerned with voiding warranties or getting busted by the Feds, the solution is abundantly simple: Don't buy a sport cat. Problem solved. All this hand wringing about how to interpret the MM act or is the sport cat federally illegal but OK with the states is futile. If you are concerned, don't buy one. Move along.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 06-28-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
Blurbo311197.00