View Single Post
      09-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #13
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
So, we got there early as planned, but it seems not early enough. I believe that they opened the track to the tourists early today. Being it was first time there, omg, I was so lost. It prolly took us a good 20-30 min to get situated. I stroke up a conversation with the first person who took notice to my car in hopes of asking for a ride along, but unfortunately, he was not driving today.

By then it was like 6pm-ish, so we decided to find RingTaxi to sign in. They were ahead of schedule, so we just waited for our turn.

It was amazing! Although it was "just an M5," it was still oh so very thrilling. My wife cheesed the entire time. The driver was very knowledgable of the track of course and told is about every turn...how to attack it and such. He even gave me pointers for my first time around. (Basically to just stay on the right and constantly peek at the mirrors for oncoming cars.)

We were told to try to wait later until the sun comes down a bit because there are some blind turns that become that much more blind with the sun in your eyes, so we waited a tiny bit. I noticed that there was a cloud covering the sun, so I grabbed the wife and entered the track.

I did as my "instructor" said and stayed on the right. Luckily only 2 cars ever passed us and we found out why later. Through one of the first turns, I effed up and put it in 2nd gear and the RPMs went over 5k briefly. I was mentally like "ahhhh, ohhh no!" I continued on and honestly just went relatively slowly. All I could think about was "what if." (You know, accident or what not). I knew going in that I just really wanted to be able to say that I've driven on it. Anyway, during my run, we noticed 2 accidents...1 car and 1 motorcycle. A police car speed up behind me and turned on his lights. For a second, I really thought that I was getting pulled over. Haha. But it was to go help with the crash. Oh, I almost passed the exit because it was a nice straight away, but luckily my wife remembered and told me to slow down. So, the reason why only 2 cars passed me was that they ended up closing the track early due to the motorcycle accident. We were very lucky to have gone when we did or else we would've missed our 1 chance.

All and all, we had so much fun...it's a must do! The $300 for the ride along is kinda steep, but we're still glad we did it. If I had to do it all over again though, I would've tried harder to find someone to ride with instead.

Oh and OMG were there a lot of Porsche's. It was like GT3 after GT3 after GT3! There were millions of dollars of cars there. So sick!
Appreciate 2
bobert858.50