Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Apparently it doesn't have Comfort Access which is a shame. That's a nice feature for daily use.
HUH??? Really??
It's a marvellous feature.
I wholeheartedly agree with you in regards to the lost of Comfort Access. I traded up to a different Mini S simply for one with CA.

However, kudos to BMW M for at least not going all CS-out and removing the standard door handles, PDC and Harman Kardon stereo also. I'm thankful for small mercies.

The more I think about it, if I was to get a CS, it wouldn't be my daily driver or used much in the winter, so occasionally fumbling for the key fob is not that detrimental if it's not your workhorse.

I understand you're from Australia but there is a company here in NJ that sells a retrofit kit for Comfort Access system.

I've heard good things but it's sort of aftermarket-like, since it doesn't communicate with the vehicle's FEM/CAS (anti-theft) modules like a factory system would.

So I'm still vetting it for security flaws, especially on a limited vehicle like this that would fetch a lot more on the black market.

BimmerTech F30 Comfort Access Retrofit https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1340752
Appreciate 2
Davil6333.50