Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
Is there a tune specifically for bigger turbos? I've asked several times and they always say that one is in the works but don't know when it'll be out. There's so many variables. No two people have the exact same mods. I'll bet that no one on this forum has the same specific set up that I do. Probably not the same as you either if you're running anything other than stock. Custom tunes don't have to be aggressive or they can be very aggressive, it all depends on what you're looking for.
If you're going custom turbo, then yeah, custom tune. My comments were about a largely stock car, save for the IC, DP, and gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
i disagree with statement...a custom tune can be anything...
But it's usually not. No one wastes money on a custom tune that they can get with an OTS tune unless they are doing non-standard mods, or want to wring the most power out of the car.

I think we can agree to disagree here, as I agree that a custom tune can be just as safe as an OTS tune (or safer), it's just that it's usually not. The whole reason the companies that make OTS tunes are in business is because of how safe their tunes usually are.
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00