10-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #5
CannibalOx
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Congrats! Would love to hear your comparisons to the P car.
I can give some preliminary impressions between the two. My Cayman was an 06 so I won't bother trying to compare the tech between cars 15 years apart. There are a few things that immediately stand out. Most of these are close. The engines are both buttery smooth. The difference between NA and FI are noticeable, the Cayman being slightly more fun to take into the stratosphere and the M2 being more livable. The clutch in the Cayman was definitely heavier. I like heavy clutches, but most people I know that have driven both of my cars prefer the Bimmer's. Transmissions are both stupendous, I like the rev match for day to day use. Both brakes are very modular and work well for spirited mountain passes. Both chassis (spelling?) are well done, but the M2 is way less punishing, both my Cayman and M2 are on 19's. The M2 lacks the steering feel of the Cayman, but the Cayman's was still hydraulic, so I'm not sure how that compares to a more modern P car. The M2 is by far a more usable vehicle and can let its hair down almost as well the Cayman. If I had the money for a luxury sedan and a dedicated sports car I would choose the Cayman, but the M2 is so good at doing so many things its the perfect single solution car for a gearhead, its really awesome. I even took my 235i to my families cabin. I am really looking forward to getting more seat time with my new car now that the break in is over.

I am located in SLC, those photos are take in the mountains outside of Estes Park Colorado. I bought my car in Fort Collins because, even with me ordering it, I they offered me a far better deal than anything I could get locally. My best friend lives there as well so it was great to see him. I do get up into the PW a lot as I have friends and family all over that whole region. I make sure to travel a lot in my sports cars, why else have them??
Attached Images

Last edited by CannibalOx; 10-21-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
BigKutta3906.50