View Single Post
      03-30-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
Durrc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp (DCT)

M2 Meets Dirt Hill (first post to forum)

Considering the current mandates in Oregon as well as all over the U.S. to stay in and isolate ourselves I, like many others, have found myself needing to leave the house for sanity reasons. Because many are at home that has meant less people on the road, thus much more room to play. I have made "unessential" drives, not to specific locations, simply to drive around and aid my boredom.

Today (March 30th) I enjoyed a nice hour or so of backroading near my house. The roads were pretty empty aside from the occasional biker. It was raining a bit and roads were slick in some areas. Near the end of my drive on the route back to my house I was just finishing up the last windy bit of road and soon would bring my driving back to legal standards. On the last long and windy turn I came in at about 50 mph, braked hard and trailbraked thru the apex but definitely felt like I was still going a bit too fast on exit with the rear feeling a bit anxious. I wasn't even giving it much throttle, if any, but the rear just slid away. I reacted with a sharp counter, slid right back the other way and ultimately found the nose colliding with a dirt hill on the side of the road which spun me about 180 degrees and bounced me back to the road.

Sadly, this damaged my front bumper pretty well and left one of my tailpipes with a plug of mud (Images Below). Anyways, just thought i'd share my karma for disobeying the isolation rules :/. It also didn't help that I was in MDM with minimal traction. I could have easily avoided it but I was too stubborn to acknowledge that the road conditions were not suitable for the way I was driving. Thankful that the dirt hill was there and not a person, car, house, etc. and that I wasn't hurt. I was kind of in the middle of nowhere so it was an optimal place to have the misfortune.

Hope everyone is doing well during this time
Attached Images

Appreciate 0