12-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #754
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
People who say "...for Porsche money" need to fully understand what goes into that statement.

Sure it is Porsche money for the "base" Porsche cost. And as we all know, nobody really specs out a Porsche as "base". There are so many nickel and dime options that are typically standard in other models. All said and done, there is still quite a bit of delta between the BMW and Porsche equivalent.

Therefore, in terms of pricing strategy, BMW has determined that $83.6K is possibly a stretch, but still attainable, while the Porsche, you will be seriously going to another price bracket all together.

Where I see competition on this price is with other entirely different models. For example, me personally I would consider the Mercedes GLE 450 or BMW 8 series grand coupe 840i. Sure, it's not a direct performance competitor, but it's fighting towards these more luxurious products. I know I'm not alone cross shopping these disproportionate options.
I'd argue that a Cayman 718 S would outperform this M2 CS. Especially if you optioned out the 718 S to $83K.

Also, you lost me when you said you'd cross shop a M2 CS with a GLE450. You're in a population of 1 there...lol.

I'll give you the 8 series gran coupe comp, but nobody (expect you) is cross shopping a M2 CS with a GLE450.
Appreciate 0