11-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #4
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
That's odd... The 1200 mile service should have been done at VPC, not your dealer for an ED car. On my previous F80 and a lot of the guys on this forum, the 1200 mile service was done at VPC. Mine is currently in customs and when I asked the BMW ED department about the next steps, they confirmed that it should be done at VPC before going to the dealer.

Not saying your wrong or your dealer is lying, just seems odd to me, though possible.
tracking my car has been a Roller coaster after it landed in LA. I ordered from a Chicago dealer. The Bay Area dealer who first accepted the courtesy delivery then flaked at the last moment. So the dealer was going to get it shipped to him and then ship it back to my door step. I kept badgering him to find a dealer in California where I could pick up from. Finally he said one in san Diego has accepted and the car is en route to him from LA. I am still waiting for a date when I can pick it up.

And mine has not crossed 1200 miles yet afaik. Its around 1000 and I asked him to see if he can get the 1200 mile service done at the pickup dealership.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00