02-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #77
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomadrid20 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum - not so new to BMWs, but I ordered a 2018 Estoril Blue M240i 6-speed with MPE on December 29th, 2017. Production ended on January 22nd, 2018 and as of yesterday, it's still sitting at the port (according to dealer & BMW Canada systems). Based on the information I gathered on other forums, I'm thinking it was loaded on the vessel leaving Bremerhaven on the 31st, arriving in Halifax February 13th. Usually it takes max. 6 to 8 business days for the car to ship once production has ended. Now, my SA sent me a screenshot of his system showing an ETA of Feb. 25th. However, he's unsure if this means Halifax delivery, Toronto delivery or dealer delivery (Budds' BMW Oakville). Is anyone dealing or has anyone dealt with a similar situation? I can't imagine the car just sitting at the port for an additional 2 weeks before it ships, so that Feb. 25th date has got to be Toronto or dealer delivery (I would hope). I also hate how WWL has removed that CargoID field and I have communicated my frustrations over to them - has anyone been able to obtain the bill of lading/booking number? Neither the dealer nor BMW Canada is able to provide me with this information (supposedly). If only I could track using my VIN in that CargoID field like we used to be able to do, I wouldn't even be posting here lol!
It's tough. If your car was built on the 22nd it is unlikely it made to the "Patriot" (which is now in Sweden btw).
I am totally improvising with my car (finished 3 days after you on the 25th). My car is still on a train car in Leipzig - I Think.
Here's what I did - If you are up to it.
Found a car close to my VIN# and punched it into the US tracking site. Got a build number and with that called BMW Genius and found out exactly what was going on with that car. That way you have an idea at least. BMW Genius unlike the BMW Canada will give you the booking number and the bill of laden once they have them that way you can see the vin# being loaded and know which ship etc.
I would think you will be on the Glorious Leader that leaves on Feb 6th and gets into Halifax on the 19th or the Aniara that gets in on the 26th. In my experience it can take at least another 2 weeks from when your car is released in Halifax to arrive in Toronto and potentially another week before delivery. We are dealing with BMW Canada after all!

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0