Tes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
BTW buy a torque wrench from princess auto, I have a 3/8 inch drive one that can go from like 20 ftlbs to 80 ftlbs so it is very helpful for jobs that require torque ranges between a 3/8 drive wrench and my big 1/2 wrench. Then I have another 3/8 drive torque wrench that goes from 5 ftlbs to 25 ftlbs for a lower range torques so I don't have any gaps in what I am able to torque from. I also am considering getting a 1/4 drive torque wrench but since those torque values would be so small I think tight is tight is ok.
Back to the topic on hand. Did some preliminary investigation today. Looks promising so far, I'm currently trying to figure out how to use my 3/8 torque wrench with the clearances. Did some measurement, seems like ~4 cm reach (total E10 socket length) is the perfect amount with some small tolerance to spare for the princess auto 3/8 torque wrench.

I'm considering getting this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0186N5ZSY/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

It is slightly longer than I wanted at 5 cm, but might cop it do a test fit and send it back to amazon if it doesn't fit haha. Will keep on searching for the perfect socket/combo XD It looks doable though just need the right reach. Might get my buddy to make a custom extension for me but we'll see lol.
Appreciate 0