View Single Post
      03-16-2021, 04:58 PM   #15
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWest View Post
Great write-up, amazing pictures, and a fun way to spend breaking your M2C in and driving across the Southern US.

ED would have been awesome, but under these crazy circumstances, I think this worked out well for you. This is really making me look forward to my M2C delivery in May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
I just read through the write up. Nicely done on a great experience. I just missed you having done the New Owners Drive one week earlier on 12/4.
Cool that you must know Donnie Isley well. He's been an instructor on several of my Performance Center visits and elsewhere such as an M experience in Austin at CotA.

And yes, SO is fantastic on the M2C. Although I do have, and enjoy the M-DCT.
Thanks to both of you. richard in NC, yes, Donnie is a good friend. I've been to multiple events with him abroad and at home. He spent a night in the hospital with me in Sweden after I nearly killed myself at a BMW event there (broken collarbone and 4 ribs, pneumothorax or collapsed lung), so yes, we're close. That's a write-up I still haven't finished. In any event, I had the DCT on my M4 and it was awesome and what I would have specced pre-covid, but for this one during the stay at home, I did have to go old school. And I've just found out once things get back to normal, I may be able to cut my commute to a third of what it was for in-office days, so even better!
Appreciate 0