View Single Post
      03-14-2021, 11:33 PM   #12
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Summary on the car!

I’ll start by reiterating that I almost didn’t take this car. I almost let not having the ED trip discourage me. I am so happy I didn't make that mistake. I’ve done a lot of driving events with BMW. M2s, M3s, M4s, M5s, M8s and some non-Ms.

I always knew the M2 was where it was at, but the stick shift in the M2 is truly where it’s at. The OG M2 has the sound, the CS has the performance, and this one has the Sunset Orange. The M2, in whatever form, is the only BMW you can cruise to cars and coffee in and actually get attention from the supercar owners, the muscle car owners, the Tesla owners and the off-roaders. Only the M3/4 crew is off in their corner bickering about the detuned engine.

This car has a tail-happy but controllable flickability that’d make anyone blush. She’s stiff but compliant, nimble and darty. I love the fixed dampers. She’s comfortable over long distances but she keeps you awake. She makes a great noise, especially when she pops and burbles. She glistens in that glorious Sunset Orange. More than anything, she’s visceral. You’re in control but you’re along for the ride at the same time.

Every time I get in, I remember when I first got my E46 coupe. I used to look down and see the roundel on the wheel and think, “I can’t believe I have a BMW.” Cheesy, I know. No less, I get the same feeling when I get in this car and put my hand on the gear lever. To date, I have no doubt the M2 with the 6MT, in whatever form, is the best BMW BMW makes. Best car or vehicle? Who knows? Best BMW? Without a doubt.

BMW sent me the survey recently and asked why I gave the car a 10/10. I replied, “Because it’s a real BMW. 2 doors, 6 gears, power to the back.” It’s that simple.

A photo to hold you all over until I can (hopefully) get a video up.

Name:  FDD99919-C8FF-473F-859B-17813A6082B6.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  570.1 KB
Appreciate 9
NWest549.50
ADDONE230.00
wjones14649.00
TechE9219.50
happyjack1657.00
Puppetz127.50
krm347.00