View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
Drop the hammer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 AW, Dct

Belt blew and now oil leak - added pics

So at my first autocross event on weekend, on 4th run I heard a very loud pop under the hood. Pulled off track and checked under hood. Belt fuzz everywhere. But about 20 percent of the belt was still intact and would work on the pully’s. so a partial blow? Anyways, some of the cords must have either hit something or wrapped on main pulley and took out crankcase seal on front of engine. As I now have an engine oil leak. I can’t see where it’s coming from but it’s hitting the main pulley and getting nicely distributed everywhere. It only leaks when running and is very minor at this point, but probably could get worse or if belt fragments get sucked into timing chain, which could alter timing or the fragments could block the oil pan suction intake, then the engine could grenade.
I have an appt at my local tuner shop next week for diagnosis. yes I’ll be putting it on a truck to get there as it’s not worth the risk of more damage.

28,000 kms on it. I won’t take it the dealer as there’s a bunch of mods on it, and I don’t really feel like pushing on warranty (in my world you have to pay to play, and I’m fine with that).
Anyone have any similar experience with this happening?
17 M2 AW, DCT, black grills, eventuri, bm3 Stg 2, csf intercooler, Fabspeed sportcat, AA charge pipe, 285r/265f pss, 285/30r18 re71r’s square apex 10x18, and smooth riding TC Kline coil overs with a very heavy throttle foot.

Last edited by Drop the hammer; 06-16-2018 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Added pics to thread
Appreciate 0