View Single Post
      01-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #8
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociti View Post
I like that you went for top-end power over low-end torque. I don't understand why so many people love the idea of monster low-end torque when the car physically can't put it to the ground in the first couple gears. Nice looking powerband, man!
I have very good reasons ditching low end torque.
1) Intake air heat
2) Fuel pump stress.
3) The RPM range on WOT is always above 4k, except on 1st gear where power is limited by traction anyway.
To me, low end boost makes nothing valuable but the bragging right of "Maximum Torque" on dyno paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Got a log of the runs?

My HCP PTF Map 16psi made 375AWHP 433AWTQ in 90F / Eurocharged Toronto Dyno when I took a family trip up to Niagara Falls back in September.

I suspect this NEW PTF OTS Map with all the new tables that was released after November has a better powerband since I also tested against some of my friends (Real World Testing on this side) but we'll see so far I managed with Dragy 0-60 4.19s and 1/4 mile 12.4@110 (beating my jb4 e30 records that only managed 12.8@105)
Sure buddy, log sent you via PM.
I have not done 1/4 mile testing on STG1 turbo. But my stock turbo constantly did 12.3@115~116mph on 93OCT, beating your time already. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Nice work. What downpipe are you using? How would you compare your results to tehboosts FBO, no turbo upgrade on 91 octane results?
I'm using Euro 6 HJS 300 cell dp. I have a review thread on it. From testing on multiple M2s, we believe high flow and catless make no difference at these boost level. N55 is much more limited by octane, fueling and cooling.

Tehboost's 400whp was very solid. From his log, load is strong all the way to 5k5 rpm on exceptionally good timing for 91OCT (almost capped out all the time). No idea how crappy CA 91OCT holds up that well. I reviewed many other 380-400whp logs and knew they're nothing but hypes, compared to Tehboost.

At 5k5 rpm, Tehboost's peak power point, his boost was 1.5psi lower than mine (corrected to same IAT), but on slightly better timing. That should be some 10whp difference at that point to my guess, which means he'd be 390whp on my dyno everything else being equal.