11-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #7
HOT M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
At a decent pace - and track dependent - DCT's can definitely be susceptible to overheating. Usually starts with sloppy, laggy shifts. An upgraded cooler usually does the trick. The do88 coolers have performed very well on other platforms with DCT's - but not sure if they fit the M2C. They do have them for the OG so would think it ought to be ok but definitely something to verify. There are other brands as well - but do88 has been pretty rock solid when it comes to the DCT.

Another potential problem with DCT's can be starvation under high g loads. My experience with this has been on my E92 M3 race car running full slicks, all that good stuff so capable of some pretty decent lateral g's. When this has happened it kicks the car into limp mode and typically accompanied by the loss of either all the odd or all the even gears. Sometimes it would let me continue around to the pits like that, other times it would shortly after kick it up to 6th or 7th and then barely limp back. This has been resolved on the E92 M3 platform with a pan from Slon Workshop. It takes some relatively high g load to trigger it though.
thank you great info.
2019 M2C Sunset Orange/Black (Ohlins/swift coilovers, Ground Control Camber Plates, Dinan Heat exchanger, BM3 ECU tune, CF mirror caps, diffuser and rear spoiler, Vorsteiner V-FF 101 Patina Bronze wheels)
Appreciate 0