Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgunfun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
Does it annoy anyone else when they refer to a ZCP M3 as M3 Competition, or call the M2c a “comp pack”?

Semantics I know but still annoying.
When you look at the badge on the M2C's rear end, it' written "M2 Competition"?

Don't know what your issue is.
[QUOTE=Robin_NL;24187973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twintiga View Post
Does it annoy anyone else when they refer to a ZCP M3 as M3 Competition, or call the M2c a “comp pack”?

Semantics I know but still annoying.
He's just pointing out that there's a difference between a competition package and a competition model, although the difference is really irrelevant. Competition models are basically equipped the same as the competition packages used to be. It's more confusing since the M2C engine change coincided with the change in how they identify the model, and there's no longer a "base" M2 offered. The M2C engine change was done more for emissions purposes than for designating a "special" M2 model variant with an engine based on the M3/4. Unlike the M5, where you can still get a "base" M5 and a M5C model, but the engines in both are very similar. So basically, they should have just stayed with the ZCP Competition Package identifier and slapped a competition badge on the back, but as usual the Germans make everything overly complicated and model naming is no exception to that. It's similar to when they stopped using the "xi" identifier and changed to xDrive.