View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #11
david45
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

It must be fun switching profiles depending on your mood or presence of passenger(s), but that Director is quite expensive! My plan is to get everything dialled in for the driver seat and use that profile 99% of the time. As profile number 2, I'll use mostly the same parameters but everything is going to be passenger focused (time alignment, etc) so that they can get the real experience from time to time if I choose to. You had the URC.3 remote before getting the director I assume?

As for subwoofer, I'm happy to hear that the musicarnw enclosure loaded with 10w3 is working well for you, even without the ski pass through that comes standard in Canada. I'm usually not a huge fan of JL Audio and other big name companies (except for the Fathom and its 13W7 driver in my home-theater) but we don't have too many options and at least the 10W3 driver is very light!
IB would be nice and relatively stealth looking if done through the rear deck so I'm still looking into it, but will most likely end up with a corned loaded subwoofer just like you. Musicarnw or custom.

By the way I didn't realize the MOST adapter from Helix was a recent addition. It looks very plug and play which can be a good thing sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Thanks for the comments. I'm not going the full active route because I like the ability to run all channels or switch off certain channels using separate sound profiles in the Director. Although I have been toying with the thought of using a Match UP 7 in a another car in a setup like you're describing.

Quite honestly, I never tried the OEM underseat woofers with the Match amp. I got the Earthquakes kinda cheap so I went straight with them. I've got them tuned pretty good according to my ears. I was worried about the impedance mis-match of the Jehnert's 6ohm to the Match 2ohm and that's why I didn't go with them. But Match has a new 2ohm sub- UP W8BMW-S. I'm wondering if it will perform like the Jehnerts.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/m...ers/up-w8bmw-s

The corner loaded sub enclosure makes all the difference to me. MusicarNW told me they designed their enclosure for the 10W3 and I can tell. I have a sound profile setup for the underseat woofers to play all the way down to 20hz. Although you can hear the music that low, you can't feel it. Once I switch to the trunk sub you can feel the music. I don't have any noticeable rattles inside the cabin yet; I'll address those as they develop. Oh, btw, I'm not lucky enough to have the ski-pass; I wish I had that option. I don't think any US models got that option.

I saw that Helix came out with their MOST adapter about a month after I had already installed my Mobridge DA1. They both do basically the same thing. If the Helix unit had been available when I was shopping I would have gone with that instead.
Appreciate 0