07-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #22
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
I hate to dig this thread out of the grave from like 9 months ago, but has anybody else done anything further with this? I have around 22,500 miles on my 2018 and I've been noticing weirdness with the clutch. I got it really bad today when backing out of my garage and down my drive, which is a very gentle downward slope.

I was feeding a tiny bit of gas and slowly letting out the clutch and it felt like everything was shuddering violently, so I clutched back in and tried again with a little bit more throttle and then it was at least better. The car was "cold," but it had been sitting inside my closed garage which was baking in 90F+ heat and high humidity all afternoon. Of note, I do still have my delay valve, car is 100% stock other than having an AWRON gauge installed and ASD coded off.

I'm always super paranoid about clutch wear... but I also downshift to decelerate a lot, figuring that the auto-blip is helping me to not do too much damage to the clutch.

I'm worried that if I take it to BMW I or they won't be able to reproduce it, and even if we can, I'm worried they'll say, "sorry, clutch is a wear item, you're paying for all of it."
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0