View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #59
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Thank you widetyres for going in details with me on this topic.

I tend to agree with everything you said except for M2 OG having the lightest steering weight. I'm on original EPS version and I think it's heavier than the M4C I've been driving and a lot other Ms (I drove a lot of F8X for long time). Especially in comfort mode, I barely tell the weight difference from sport if I didn't pay attention.

I did track days quite often and get to use different Ms from BMW China. IMO the best steering feel is with M4CS but it has a lot to do with the car itself (chassis, tyre and power plant). But with every single F8X, on low speed turn in, they're all numb...you know you lose front end only when it happens and it goes from understeer to oversteer quite dramatically because of the unstable rear end traction. Instead they're brilliantly at high speed turn because that's more about balance.

In summary, I think M2 is much more made for street than for track (M4 albeit having less old school M feel, is a much more serious track machine), sometimes steering feedback at limit isn't really all that important. When not at limit, all variants of steering tuning is close except for the weight. Which is why I care a lot about it and simply want the lightest one possible. Those things coming from a licensed driver like me is weird I know...but it's very honest input of mine.

Thanks