View Single Post
      04-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #24
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
These shots of EC-7s in 18" fitments (the blue M2 posted by Ryan and the silver posted by cntzl) look a bit different compared to the pics in the initial post above. Which face profile are these? The 18" wheels look like they may be the shallower face profile 1 or 2 compared to what I assume is the deeper profile 3 featured in the first APEX post of this thread... Can Ryan confirm?
Great eye, the photos posted by cntzl and I are of our EC-7 18x9.5" ET35, which has a profile 2 medium concave face profile. As the original post states, the M2 specific 19" EC-7 wheels being offered to the community (19x9.5" ET28 & 19x10.5" ET40) have a more aggressive profile 3 deep concave face profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2C View Post
I asked this on Instagram but never got an answer, maybe you guys will answer here.

What are the sizes including offset you are recommending on these?

Also, more importantly, what is the total weight of this set?

I started doing the math based on the specs used on the Black M2C and the total weight was almost comparable to the stock wheels which are pretty heavy.

I would like to see you guys do ARC8 in M2C fitment since those wheels are lighter than the EC7.

I compared the ARC8 weight (in same sizes) to the EC7 and the whole set was much lighter, almost same weight as the 763M.

Is it that the ARC8 design DOES NOT clear the brakes even in 19" with the recommended offsets you are saying for the EC7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
All of the wheel specs and recommended offsets are in the first post.
AlpsRider is correct, all of the specifications and respective weights are listed in the original post

We understand enthusiasts will have different preferences when it comes to design, however, through community surveys we have found the EC-7 to be very popular. We believe the design lends itself to the F87 M2 chassis, and they are extremely resilient on and off the race track. We are always open to offering these wheel specifications in another design, like the ARC-8, if the demand is there.

19" ARC-8's will clear the M2C brakes, and there are sizes currently available that M2C enthusiasts can use. ARC-8 19x9.5" ET33 square, with 5mm spacers up front would be one of them. Here is a photo of 19" ARC-8's over the massive M4 CCB's.

- Ryan