View Single Post
      09-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #22
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRF View Post
I just got out of an RA into an M2 base. The cars are not in the same league. M2 is twice the car, easy.

One thing I will say, the RA has better steering and better clutch/shift feel than the M2. RA's steering is hyraulic and much more communicative. The clutch is heavier and shorter than the M2 and the throws are shorter.

Power? No comparison.

Handling? They both have insane grip..... its really a matter of understeer vs oversteer. Because i'm a relatively novice driver, for the time being, I could definitely drive the RA faster and more confidently than the M2 in anything but a straight line.

here's my favorite review of the Type RA from my favorite reviewer, SavageGeese, he absolutely nails it:

They must have upgraded the clutch in the RA because the clutch in my 16 STI was GARBAGE. The engagement was almost all the way at the top of the travel even after adjusting it as much as possible. Paired with the awful throttle response (laggy in comfort, spazzy in sport, +) it was undriveable as a daily. I put 2k miles on mine and punted it.
Appreciate 0