View Single Post
      05-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #7
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

STI's are balls slow without a tune. I had to get out of my lemon 2012 Mustang GT and with winter coming I got a 2013 STI and first thing I realized after coming from a 5.0L Mustang was just how wimpy the EJ257 is stock. You have to work that engine very hard just to keep up with minivans at stop light intersections. To make matters worse the interiors are loud and rattle like a paint can. If you desire a minimalist sedan that has above average all-weather capability it's fine but if you have high expectations it will disappoint. The current chassis is a little better but the cars like the Focus RS, Civic Type R are better track cars and cars like the Golf R are better street cars. It's kind of a dinosaur.

In regards to the RA you have to be a really big Subaru fanboy to pony up $50k for an Impreza. For a low volume special edition they couldn't even sell many on pre-order as there are plenty sitting on lots because I suppose there aren't enough stupid people willing to pay that much for an STI.
Appreciate 1