05-14-2021, 08:47 AM   #5
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
As above i got a drivetrain error and limp mode last week.

The 3 wire connector was wet and dirty, (it sits right above the front oil cooler rad) checked for supply and ground all good. Cleaned the plug with alcohol, dried it then squeezed it full of silicon grease and plugged it back in.

But i then noticed the short wire loom to the pump was chaffed through the wrap and through the blue wire (LIN bus) insulation and copper was exposed.
With the front under tray off if you work back a few inches along the pump wires you won't miss it. On top of the aluminium beam that has the main front control arms attached to it.

There a 1" flexy plastic conduit containing a large wiring loom running left to right on top of the subframe and it has a small plastic opening where the pump wire's tee off, but that is pointed down directly on top of the beam instead of sideways so the pump wires are crushed at 90deg under the weight of the loom conduit.
Doughboy, so I removed the bedplate and inspected more closely what you recommended.. The 3 wire connector to the pump was dirty on the exterior, but otherwise functioning good.. I even tested voltage and power was coming through.

So I traced routing the routing of the cables from the 3 wire connector and didn't see any exposed wires.. even opened up wiring looms and didn't see any exposed wiring. I also followed the wiring of the pump wires that run into the small plastic opening but didn't notice anything out of the norm.. The wires were arched, but did not appear to be making contact with the alloy.

I'm trying to narrow down the point of failure you would recommend to inspect for exposed wiring or where to place the foam to prevent the wiring from touching the alloy you mentioned, but I'm getting lost for where specifically to look..
Appreciate 0