View Single Post
      04-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #212
tropicatango
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw f87 M2c hockenheim silver

I just installed my autosolution short shifter kit on my m2 competition.

-20% reduction
-Oem height
-80A + Bushing (red bushing)

one word AMAZING…

i love driving manual, most of my sport car were 6 speeds and 3 pedals since you simply get more feeling while driving, it's involving and installing a short shifter is always a great way to improve the feeling.

Had a
-B&m short shifter on my 996 turbo
-oem 330d ssk on my e46 m3
-neuspeed ssk on my audi a4 b6 wagon
-Autosolution ssk on my f80 m3
-autosolution SSK on my 2019 m2 competition.

Autosolution Short shifter are amazing, they are built with very tight tolerances and the precision of the shifter is absolutely amazing. i loved it in my f80 m3 and it's the reason why it's my first mods on the m2c.

my m2c is pretty much brand new, only 4000 km so the oem shifter is at it's best, but still rubbery feeling, throw is ok, overall it's not bad and drive great but the autosolution is the kind of modification that will make you smile, it's a great drivers mod for a great drivers car.

20% reduction: to me it's perfect, with the autosolution, the shorter throw is nice but it's really how tight the shifter become that will make you smile, it's really bolt action rifle style, very direct and mechanical. It's easy to shift, not notchy and very engaging while driving. you cannot make a mistake with the 20% reduction, you will be happy with the throw and feeling.

oem height: for me it's perfect, i have the oem knob and have nothing to complain, perfect height.

Bushing 80A+ (the softest autosolution offer but still harder than oem) : absolutely zero added noise. very very tight and precise shifter, I did not replace bushing on the f80 m3 and the shifter was amazing but with the 80A+ bushing on the m2c, it's one step better. the bushing are totally worth it. In my mind, the 80a+ bushing are the way to go for a street driven car, they offer rigidity without adding NVH. there is absolutely no reason to go with harder bushing except for a race car where you absolutely dont care about the NVH.

Installation: the shop and mechanic that did my autosolution SSK in my f80 m3 did it in 2.5 hours. The same shop and mechanic did my autosolution SSK in my m2c in 3 hours. He told me it's not a simple job, he had to remove exhaust, one side of driveshaft to acces the bracket under the car to replace the bushings. It can be done DIY, but at least on a lift and if you have great mechanical skills and tools, unless that i dont think it's a DIY.

Sorry for the long post, tried to answer every aspects of this modification.

10/10 for this modification, really worth it.

next mod is replacing the Clutch slave to remove the cdv, already ordered a clutch slave from a e92 m3. Still waiting to receive it.
Appreciate 1