Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
Endeav
(sorry, my spell check is broken)
A few comments on your post, which I mostly agree with

Heat soak, high boost, and low octane make engine go boom, for sure! The stock HPFP has no problems keeping up with fuleing at lower RPM's on the M2. It's that last bit of the dyno graph where you can see the fueling lean, and everythign start to fall apart. The XDI pump helps with that all througout the rpm range.

My "near impossible" comment was not clearly explained, my apologies. Of course with a proper "dual fuel" system like port injection, a proper controller and seondary fuel cell (e85 / meth tank) you can get enough fuel for well over 500whp. The problem that I have with a setup like that is....the secondary fuel controller. If that makes any kind of screw up, your motor goes boom. So yes, it can be done, but bye bye DME safeties.

I have similar expereinces with my IAT's now that I'm spraying meth/H2O. I ran my car for 8 hours straight of roll racing at Mpact a few weeks ago. Obviously, a lot of that was sitting in line waiting to race. But my IAT's were amazing close to ambient the entire time I was racing. Now, they did get up about 30 defgrees over ambient while I was waiting in line, but that's to be expected. I have the ER intercooler (and charge/tic pipes). It does an amazing job of battling heat soak. It recovers very quickly.

Regarding th epump noise; I have never been able to reproduce it. It always makes a little noise when the engine is running, but it only made the crazy squealing nosie once. It happened when the car was running for 1/2 hour, passenger had to go pee, car idled for 20 minutes and it started. After car drove off, it stopped. I was told it was excess pressure build up of fuel by TTFS, and it's normal due to the design of the fuel system. I am not losing any sleep over it. My car runs like a raped ape, always. Regarding my tune; I jumped on the MHD bandwagon. I wish I went with bootmod, but oh well. MHD has similar options that you can check (no cat DP, xdi pump, PR coil packs, etc.). So, my car was custom tuned at TTFS by Frank Smith, and he made the tune files loadable via MHD.
Ahh, yes. Now that you've rephrased I completely agree .

Glad to hear the TTFS pump is working flawlessly for you. Can't wait to get mine installed now - hopefully Cary Jordan can dial in the new pump parameters quickly. I know BM3 has the flash option, but I've heard it might cause the noise to pop up... but now seeing that TTFS has confirmed its a non-issue and really just the pump working as it should I'm much less concerned.

Thanks for your input and for the good discussion! I'll update this once I get the new pump installed.
Appreciate 0