07-15-2019, 07:24 AM   #526
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
A few things that I can share are the following. First of all, the noise levels inside the cabin have gone up. I hear a lot more road noise from the front of the car than I did initially. My initial drive before the alignment and wheel change already had this issue and I was like maybe the alignment will fix this... Of course I went from PSS to Cup2 which doesn't help, but on certain road surfaces (especially here in Prague, I am like damn what a noise is coming from the front. Not sure what to do other than going to PS4 tires and which are a lot more quiet.
Marc,

What top mounts are you using with yr AST 5100 ? If using AST mounts then some added NVH is to be expected TBH, which will be exaggerated anyway, due to both more robust coilover suspension and MPSC2 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Another point of note is that I still have a vibration in my steering wheel at 140 kmh, so I need to look at the alignment again. Maybe my 30 minute stint with a loose drop link messed up the alignment again. Let's wait and see.
Marc,

Has vibration been there since the AST install or since as you say the drop link getting loose ? If the latter, then I'd be more inclined to get your front wheels re-balanced.

Just my 2c worth,

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0