View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #507
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Earlier this week I collected my car at AST Suspension. All the work was done at the end of the week. While having my lunch in their office, GreatWhiteM2 dropped a message to the AST team discussing some of my upgrades... Especially the top mounts

I took the car from NL and drove to Germany to the Next-gen event in Welt where I spotted all the latest cars from BMW and the extremely ugly future concept thing that should show the world of M in the near future. They are going to build that thing. My good lord... Time to emigrate from M Town and handing in my M Town passport.

I am now back in Prague after doing about 1100 km and I need to do some adjustments to make it to my liking. I will do tomorrow, while also checking if a set of Cup2's fits on the car. All in all, I will set it a touch harder on the rebound and aligning the car in a certain way, but that is just me and my personal requirements.

Total set up feels great. The AST 5100 is a great addition to the car. I might be a touch harder than I initially remembered from a car I drove last year. But that was a M2 and not a M2C, and we all know that the M2C is stiffer in the front end and more planted.

Interesting bit is the way the roll of the car is minimized and its balance has been improved, while there is still a decent level of comfort left in the car. I drove the set up on AC Schnitzer's M2C a few weeks back and that was a lot harder. They used a KW3. The car was also a lot more nervous than the set up I have now.

Quite happy with what I have now, but I need to tune it a bit too my liking. Looking at the photos below, I did not go really low and left some decent space so that I can get into my garage. As soon as I am happy with the setup, I will give a better overview of what I have done and how the final result feels like. I am happy right now, but there are few changes needed here and there to finish it off.

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Poochie9104.50
mhanism277.00
akkando5863.00
Jarran10.50