View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 02:10 AM   #3
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz101 View Post
I could be wrong but I think one of the reasons might be that there is no single hp/torque gain that applies to everyone. I know they keep sending updates, which might change them too.
Several Points:
  • Every dyno reads differently, so the delta from stock is more important than just a number.
  • As stock, the DME is tuned to a load target rather than a boost target, so you'll get similar performance in the summer and winter. Tuning, to some extent, takes the head room out of that, meaning that you'll get less performance when it's hot. 'Glory Runs' are meaningless if they're not consistent
  • There are several different tuning approaches out there, and most would rather not compete on 'Glory Run' numbers; better to just avoid the discussion
  • Octane plays arguably the BIGGEST factor with the N55. Many people choose to run E85 mixes, which improve octane, but strain the factory HPFP. There is some variability in these pumps; some can run more E85 than others. Others choose to run WMI; is that classed as bolt on or not?
  • If, for example, an XDI HPFP is compatible with an OTS map (which it is), and you run a higher E85 mix, you'll probably get better results than if you ran a lower blend. In other words, there are too many variables with bolt ons.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
Infamus75.00