View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #65
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

I'm torn on this build. not that I think my opinion matters or is valid but......

I can totally understand this build if the guy throws it all together in his garage with his own hands and has the "I want to do it my way" attitude, however, hes paying someone to do all the work. and to say its my money I can do what I want (not that he said that) is just snotty.

Honestly, side by side, real world lap times, how different will this car be compared to the M2CS? If were talking multiple seconds, ok, go get em tiger but i doubt that. so you spent $70K(?) and maybe another $30K(?) or more in mods and labor? why not just buy a $100K car that is more track capable? After all your not doing the work anyhow so whats the difference? Why buy a car that is clearly not good enough for you? Why not save some cash and buy used? seriously? people are talking about a used car being beat up and thrashed on but your building a race car out of one so clearly you think it can handle the abuse.

There is nothing cool about buying a ready race car off the lot. There is no glory or attention in a "stock" configured race car. The desire to stand out is equal to a teen trying to get "likes" and "subs" on there social media accounts. I tend to ask my self "would i do this if i lived on an island all by myself?" if the answer is NO then i have to rethink my motivations.

but I don't live alone on an island and I don't have the time nor an extra $100k lying around to have someone build a car for me. perhaps if my circumstances and finances where different my answers to my question would be different?
Appreciate 0