View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #35
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
And there's nothing wrong with that, we for sure have different priorities as soon as you said what makes an M car is a full leather dash. I think most people here would agree that we want the M2 to be back to basics M car. Don't get me wrong, I really like the F80 a lot, and you can load the car up to the brim with all the newest tech, but I think we want the M2 to be the complete opposite to that.

I think if you want an M2, with adaptive suspension and NAV, it can be had for right under $60k (full leather dash for sure will not be an option). Just a hunch. Whereas base Cayman, with full leather and Nav will be over $60k, and that's with the cheapest wheels possible and none of the crazy colors.

Personally, i think it's going to be so interesting when there are comparisons. The M2 will have the more powerful engine and better bang for your buck (and practicality), while the Cayman will be the purer drivers car. Can't wait.
Yep..I was hoping the M2 would have all the options the M4 has, but that may not be the case. I know M4s start in the low 60s but if you go to the lot the cheapest optioned ones you will find are in the upper 70s and the average being around 80,000. I figured all things being equal the M2 would be 10-12 grand less. Things may not be equal though, they may stick to the M1 type builds.
Appreciate 0