United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitBobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
I'd have to respectfully disagree with you. We already have the entry level it's the M Performance M235i. A full bred M car should be just that Full Bred. Not an imitation. It needs the bells and whistles and BMW already said they made the M Performance to welcome new owners to what the M model should be like.
So Yes to a carbon fiber roof, Yes it should have gotten the S designated engine and Yes to ceramic brakes. However, weight reduction is new to M models as previous generation Ms were heavier than the non M versions.
while i agree with most everything else, I disagree with the bolded statement. I believe the S designation should go to an engine that is vastly different than the streamlined, pedestrian engines like the N54/55.. so ASSUMING the engine they put in the M2 is simply a tuned N55 then it should not get the S designation
I agree with EVERYTHING you just said and you beautifully illustrated why a mainstream engine shouldn't be in an M car to begin with IMO. Having said that I see a lot to be excited about. Let's hope BMW isn't coy about weight this time.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0