jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
Just a bit of advice from a SoCal resident...driving without too much traffic on a Sunday, your drive from LAX to The Thermal Club will be about 2 1/2 hours. And you would want to plan for the unexpected. There is always an unexpected on the LA freeways!! If you havenít purchased a flight yet, check out Ontario Airport. Even if it costs a few $$ more, itís about an hour closer. Also, Palm Springs does have an airport, but Iím not sure how many airlines. My suggestion would be to drive to wherever you are staying in the Thermal area directly from whichever airport you arrive. You really need to be well rested and alert. I live about 1 hour away, and I drove out the night before so I wouldnít have to stress about the drive. In Southern California, you never know what traffic will be like, even on the lighter traveled weekends. But I would try to avoid LAX at all costs.
Anything is better than LAX. I personally like Long Beach, but Ontario and Santa Ana are a bit closer.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i