United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatedsphinx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
It is the same exact ancillary systems. Cooling rads/intercoolers are all identical to all other S55 variants.

I remember reading the M3/M4 bumper allowed more airflow over the OG M2. So BMW M set out to redesign the front bumper for the Competition, with improved airflow to feed additional S55 radiators. The new one piece grill is functional, increased airflow over twin kidneys by 40%. Lower grill openings are larger as well.
Yeah I remember reading that but one of the reviews was saying that this power level was described as "the limit", I wonder how much of that is a physical vs M2 hierarchy constraint.
How do those reviewers know that the stick power level is the limit? There is a member alreasy running full e85 tune on his M2C pushing 600whp.

BMW's statement regarding the cooling is their marketing excuse. Of course they are not going to say "We didn't make M2C available with the same HP as M3/M4 because otherwise it would kill our M3/M4 sales". Instead, they come up this sort of "marketing" explanations to justify the lower HP on M2C compared to M3/M4. Bottom line is M2 is a lower model than M3/M4 and it'll have less HP than an M3/M4 unless it's some limited edition CS/L. That being said, watch BMW offer a S55 M2 CS/L next year with 430+HP without changing a single thing in terms of cooling (maybe with just an air vent on a CF hood).

M2C shares the exact same cooling hardware and mechanism as M3/M4, which is more than enough to handle much higher power levels.
Appreciate 6
chris7197331.50
Meanie546.50
Poochie9103.00
kern4174445.00
mzcp2660.00