MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Wow that build looks yummy...not intending to get the 763 M wheels?
Now why? I don't really like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Very nice build.

Can't wait to see more live pictures of different combinations...but definitely interested in the HS + orange inserts like you're getting.

Does the parts guy at your local dealer start dancing when you come in? The list of planned M-performance goodies is quite, um, robust.
Yes and no... Some things I have bought from him before, other things are coming from web shops or IND simply because they are cheaper or offer more individuality. They know my name by now since I am foreign and the only foreigner spending so much on aftermarket parts for both the BMW and the MINI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnwlf7 View Post
Any advise on blue or orange stiching? ^^
Orange with Sunset Orange, Alpine White or HS

Blue with LBB, Sapphire Black or Alpine White

If you take the standard brake kit, always blue stitching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimm3rM4 View Post
MR, can you ask please how to have the stripe that was on the m2 Competition at the welt ?
Thank you
I can ask, but at this moment I do not have a freaking clue. I think it is a design you cannot get. Maybe find a wrap shop that can replicate it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
Congrats!

But I guess the M2C (M2 in general) is a bit of a "allerweltsauto" (run-of-the-mill is the translation google suggests) as we say in Germany. Therefore there will be a lot of threads and they nearly will have all the same info in it as there is no real variety in the spec. I like the idea behind it, but I guess that something like this makes more sense if you are in a Porsche GT3 board or so.
Check the photo topics in the main M2 forums. Enough differentiation and since there are so many it is great to follow specific cars getting unique designs. Mine will have a really unique wrap design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppeM3+123d View Post
Congrats but about downpipe keep in mind that everything will change:
New downpipe oem include new opf particulate filter, remove this mean ecu remapping, (if possible) ecu remapping mean loose warranty. New mapping must be specific about these new opf filter deleting.

About braking in my opinion evaluate the ccb retrofit kit for f82. If you consider that you can sell the std brake set for 2500, you have not spent 2200 for the upgrade, with a diffence of 5000 you have carbon ceramic brake....
Let's wait and see what the guys at Akrapovic and HKS come up with. I am not 100% sure that we need a new map when the OPF is removed. Is that the case currently on the M3/M4? I have not heard these kind of ghost stories.

CCB retrofit is not of interest to me. I honestly would not need that. Also good luck selling the standard brake set. Who would buy that? I am not even going down that route, since you would not have any warranty on the brake kit if you put your M2 on a ramp and the mechanic sees CCBs under your car.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-06-2018 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0