O8E92M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017' F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
He registered 3 half knock events going from 45mph to 125mph. I'm not sure what a half knock event is, but I know that detonation isn't the only cause for knock events. Things that can be mistaken for detonation can cause knock events. And I also know a couple knock events in a log don't mean something dangerous is going on.

At my quick glance and using my armature and unqualified knowledge as a guide, I don't think there is anything wrong with the knock events in his log. Though I think he should consult his tuner for reassurance.
I've had the mini <0.5 knock values in my logs in the past, but his logs show on my side 1.0 for some of the knocks. No idea if 1.0 is a big deal or not, I've never seen it hit that in my logs.

I'm sure the computer is smart enough to protect the engine, but it'll also pull timing & power if it sees a knock, which isn't what we all want either. The timing on cylinder 4 drops as the knock is detected in a couple instances.

Is the timing pull bc of the knock detected and the computer intervening, or bc the tune is too aggressive and then there's a knock, or just a plug that isn't working as good as the others, I have no idea.
Changed my spark plugs to a step colder plugs with 0.022" gap (as recommended by PTF) to rule out an issue with the plugs.

Still seeing the same knocks. Clueless!
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50