View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #111
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Do you think xdi 35 is enough for full E85, or did you go 60?

Although, I’m guessing the tuning would show no point in going E50+ with the smaller turbos. No idea for sure, tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Yeah, hate to do all that custom work on a DD if I can avoid it, but sounds like it’s the only path.

I’ll probably try the Pure inlet pipe and 100% water in the cooling system on hot days to see what that does, then go from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
There's like no data on this despite all the research I've done, but what it seems is that the 35 maxes out around E30 or a bit higher with a PS2, and can barely do full E85 with a stock turbo. So imo you'll need the 60 model to hit full e85.

Good luck and keep us updated!
Consensus was that the 35 should be sufficient to run full 85 - hopefully that holds up... Probably going to be a bit before we get that going but will definitely let y’all know how it pans out.

I would also be hesitant to do all those mods on a DD - if only just to not lose the AC. I don’t think I would have been comfortable with the IC conversion that we did either if it was my DD. Seeing it now I would feel comfortable doing it - but prior to that on a DD I would have wanted someone else to be the guinea pig first. Being a DD definitely makes this tougher.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50