01-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #115
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Absolutely agreed! I just cant stand when value is used as a judge on anything especially something that is considered a luxury in many cases.

Im sure there are good wines in that list, but me being the snob I am, and knowing more than a little about a few meaningless things knows that there are some hands down great wines that are not arguable and should be listed except that they are pricey or very scarce so wont make such a list.

Id also rather they did it by type so that you can find something in the type of grape you may be looking for as many peps enjoy certain types and no matter how high someone may rate a type of wine, if its not a grape i enjoy i would never consider it, so i find the mix up so many types off putting to me.
They do have monthly issues that focus on different regions and varietals. For example, the November issue that I still haven’t gone through is focused on Napa Cabernets. Additionally, each issue has “highly recommended” “collectible” and “smart buy” lists. Anyway, definitely agree you need to taste rather than just read and buy, but there are some interesting reads and worthwhile suggestions to try. Plus, subscription was free using airline miles before they expired.