View Single Post
      02-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #32
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Hmm. I just compared it to the 992. M2 is way better ergonomically, everything clearer to read and easier to access, the seats are far higher quality, and it is better set up for the driver. And that's a car 3x the price. So I think they've done a great job. Struggling to understand what more anyone would need (aside from my age old gripe about some nice digital instrumentation in iDrive to replace the silly power meter thing).
Having owned a 991 manual C2 as well as a Cayman PDK, I can honestly say that the M2 offers 98% of the specialness and even more aggression/excitement than those did and all with a healthier dose of practicality.
The 991 did ride better and quieter, making it more livable but its back seats and frunk were a joke compared with the M2's.
I love the M2, it offers tons of real sports car performance. Just wish they had gotten some of the details better, like the aforementioned color and leather options as well as a bit more highway ride refinement. The thing is a darn noisebox.
Appreciate 0