View Single Post
      10-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #43
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
So last night I was driving and I pulled away from a stop light and I heard this strange noise, not the "soda can crunch" noise but more of a loose shield flapping kind of noise. I did not think that it was me at first, but the noise kept following me. So I pulled over, shut the car off and got out to look around. I could not find anything. So I got back in the car, started it up, revved it a little, and there was no noise. I pulled away and as soon as I did I heard the "soda can crunch" noise pretty loudly and then it went away and everything was fine, the other noise was gone too. I did notice a strange smell for bit after that, but it could have been another car, I'm not really sure.
Funny you mention the smell. Upon hearing my 'soda can' noise as I pulled up my driveway and into my garage, I too noticed a peculiar odour.
i had a awd Ford Edge for winter use not too long ago and the diff went on it and the smell it emitted was, I thought, similar to what I smelled coming from the M2. Mind you, my nose may be biased now with all the bad diff talk surrounding the M2 and my 'ford' experience so thats where my mind goes. The reason for the smell on the ford was the diff oil dripping onto the hot exhaust system-which was why I would never see any stains on the driveway.
Appreciate 0