View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 07:05 AM   #5
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
I've been contemplating trading my M2C in for something else and the Porsche Cayman was one of my options, but I'm all over the place. One day I want to trade it...another day I just want to keep it.

Reasons to trade:
- the crank hub ticking time bomb freaks me out (I'm on Stage 1 BM3, so I think my warranty is done)
- the poor oil cooler location
- doesn't look sporty enough stock; it's missing "something"
- doesn't sound all that great stock
- about to have our first baby, but the wife has an X5, so that's not a biggie

Cars I've considered...

- 2016 Cayman GT4; I test drove this, but was disappointed with the power...but I think it's because I'm just so used to the boost feeling, so that's not fair. I loved everything else about it though...suspension, the way the shifter feels, the looks
- 2017/2018 M3 ZCP; it looks better than M2C, 4 doors (baby coming), I would probably get a DCT this time around as I'm downsizing to 2 cars (the Jeep's lease is up in March), but I would still have the S55 concerns
- 2017/2018 Guilia Quad; need to do more research b/c I assumed they were AWD, but I'm only finding RWD on Cars.com
- 2020 Rubicon; I've had 3 Jeeps already, so I'm kind of getting tired of them, but the JL model is so much nicer than my JK
- 1992-2005 NSX; this was my childhood dream car, but it's just so expensive for what it is power/tech wise...plus I'm not mechanical so the upkeep of an old car scares me off
- 2012-2014 GTR; it's a monster, but it's just so big
- 2012ish R8 v10; need to do more research
- 2020 Telluride; it's a big bang for the bucks vehicle, but...it's a KIA! haha
- 2020 4runner TRD PRO; I love the way it looks, but it's so dated...no LED option, 5 speed tranny, old interior tech
- 2020 CRV; trying to be sensible, but IDK
- 2020 RAV4; trying to be sensible, but IDK
- 2020 Highlander; trying to be sensible, but IDK

I know I know...I'm all over the place. I'm really hesitant to spend more than what my M2C is worth (53k - 55k) though because I really don't want to pay the ridiculous personal property tax (VA) out of spite, so that eliminates half those cars, but I may give in and go YOLO...who knows? 1st world problems!
Appreciate 0