happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
This thread was the closest I could find on search. Curious for anyone's experience around how wide the window was for PCD. E.g. did they let you choose anywhere in a 2, 3, 4 whatever week timeframe after they knew the car was going to be ready?

Was it also really a full 8 weeks after production (or was that with M2 coming from Germany. This will be for an X5 made right there).

Thanks!
i did PCD right as things were starting to ramp back up post-covid shutdown in 2020. so in the late spring / early summer of 2021, there was about a 6-week wait to take delivery. basically, my car had been delivered to the US and just sat there until my PCD date. BTW, they will not schedule you until they have their hands on the car. my car came from germany, so there was transit time...nearly 5 weeks from the time the build was done until PCD received it. remember, though, supply chain / shipping was all jacked up in mid-2021.

i really had to thread the needle on scheduling my PCD because i had other travel the week before and after. i also really wanted a thursday or friday delivery date, so the wife and i could do a long weekend in ashville and not be rushed to drive home.

bottom line: the longer you're willing to wait, the more flexibility that you will have. the scheduler first offered me dates at the end of may...and those dates were monday, tuesday, and wednesday. i was already traveling that week so i asked for the following week -- first week of june -- and ask for a thursday or friday. i waited nearly 7 weeks to receive the car, but it was worth the wait. PCD is a great experience and my wife and i had a great weekend in ashville, and a relaxing drive up the blue ridge parkway on our way home.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line

Last edited by happyjack; 10-21-2022 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0