Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The G42 2er serves as basis for BMW M to create the G87 M2.

Here's a pre-production G42 2er that leaked earlier this year (look closer: it features an ///M logo on the front bumper and a weird boot badge):
That front badge makes me sick, it looks like they are really whoring out the M badging on non-M cars even more than ever. The rear badge, if I were to guess, looks like it might say ///M240i. I get what you're saying regrading design carry over, but BMW has shown us when they departed from the more traditional kidney grille of the G20 for the new huge grille of the G22 that there is no precedent anymore. The M3/4 are also examples of this.

What really bothers me is that they're are incorporating these new fugly grilles for the Chinese market. I get it, they are a business and need to be profitable. But, they shouldn't impose this on all markets, they are not the same. Make one bumper for the Chinese market with huge ugly grilles and another for all other markets. I don't understand why they can't do that. They already make different style bumpers for each of the model lines, such as the bumper of the 330i and M340i.
Are we sure they are doing this for the Chinese market? Every comment I've seen in these pages suggests there's no one in China loving these designs either.
Appreciate 0