Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale900 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
curious to know the update. its been a few days
I really do appreciate everyone's sentiments and advice over the past couple of weeks. I was hoping to hold off until there was more significant progress but here is where things are at:

I'm working with my dealer sales manager and executive office of BMWNA. I've been assured this issue has been escalated to the highest possible reaches. It took a few days longer than I had hoped but I eventually had long and detailed conversations with both my dealer sales manager and BMWNA. I was given what I believe to be a fair amount of insight in to the process; enough to give me comfort that everyone was working diligently toward a resolution. There are a lot of moving parts involved in "subbing" out the car. It seems BMWNA is concerned with preventing this from happening in the future, appropriately so, so I've given my input there as well. I'm happy so far but that could always change I suppose.

I've communicated that I do not plan to accept the VIN we took delivery of in Munich as it is not fair to me economically. I believe the search for a suitable replacement already on the ground in the US has commenced and there appear to be two possible candidates at the moment. If these candidates do not work out then they will likely need to put something in to production. I've asked for the license plates, first aid kit, warning triangle, and safety vests to be pulled from the ED car and sent to me.

As far as reimbursement or the "intangible" bucket, I've discussed many options and reception has been positive so far. At this time I will refrain from discussing them in any great detail as I do not want to preclude the highest and best possible outcome......big brother may be watching.
You're in the great position because you have not bad mouthed besides where appropriate in regards to not being able to get ahold of someone in Europe to help you in a timely manner.

You have not given away too many details of the process to make things right, but you also have the forum audience watching and will take notice of the outcome between you and BMW.

I would like to do ED for the last model year of the m2c so I'm interested to see how this unfolds.
Appreciate 0