Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Do you have tools?
Wow who would've thought parts could be removed with tools.... but I am tired of fabricating cover pannels and trim pieces, something that is extremely expensive to do to a quality equal to oem levels.

Next coding out items is annoying, and ripping out wiring harnesses suck especially if they're integrated into plugs and wiring looms. It's not too bad if it's taped together since you can unravel and use a pin tool to remove it fr a connector if need be. It's bad when it's connected to other modules. You'd understand if you've ever built a fully stripped out car with an interior, a "CSL" spec, which I get the impression you've never done. If you have not to an extent where you're fabricating pannels and covers that fit oem locations and actually look good and look like they belong (color, shape, material, shine etc). It's alot easier with CAD and 3D printers now adays but alot of the times PLA or abs doesn't really blend in.

I'm at that point where I don't want to tackle these issues anymore and I think it would be great to have a car where you could pick option by option what you'd like. I also love the idea of factory racing cars like the m235ir. Anyways that's just my off topic rambles.

Overall the CS looks really good and I'm glad to see BMW isn't going soft yet, but I still think it's a bit gimmicy like an m2C with a bunch of after market parts smashed on instead of new bits BMW developed specifically for it.
You wanted a bare bones track focused car. That's not even a CSL, that's a GTS.
Appreciate 0