Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
What did I expect? A lot more than this.

M2 CS has similar production numbers of the 1M. That car was a lot more unique than its closest alternative.

It's not sleek, elegant or sporty. It literally looks like a riced up version of a regular M2.

The specc'd model in op's pictures is also terrible. The exterior screams Subaru and the interior is a copy and paste of the 1M.

I've owned a clone of the spoiler and let me tell you, it only looks good on very few angles. M2 rear is fat and bulky, you really don't want to add other stuff that raises its profile. BMW didn't even bother to get rid of those ugly ass cow udders. Just lazy.

Perhaps, 'Rice' is back in fashion, I don't know but this car certainly doesn't move me. Some might say I'm salty because I don't own the 'Newest M2' anymore but I sure as hell would never pay premium price to get it.

Specc'd in the right way, M2CS can be a good looking car but it just doesn't live up to BMW's limited edition hype. Like, I can't see anyone 10-20 years from now reviewing this car and being mind blown like with a CSL or a 1M.

If this is your first M2, you'll 100% love it. If you've already owned an M2, more so a M2C, and you're getting this car then you're an idiot.
Can't agree more on the cow udder and M2 rear, original F87 rear with small spoiler looks good enough for most eyes. Don't forget the udder also makes the exhaust sound (stock N55 vs S55) worse...

The M2c and now the M2 CS, doesn't change the already established `M2` image anyway.

I will keep the price diff (OG M2 vs M2 CS) and use it to my a pre-owned ND MX-5 convertable in MT form for more fun (some leftover A$ as well).